Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300) is an Android smartphone that was announced by Samsung on 3 May 2012. It is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy S II. The device was released in 28 countries, including in Europe, on 29 May 2012, and in India and Malaysia on 31 May 2012.
With the latest version of Android v4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich), a big 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD screen and a whole suite of Apple-beating features, is the new Samsung Galaxy S the best phone ever?
Samsung has made a big deal about this new phone, not only choosing to launch it at a huge and flashy event in London but also claiming nearly 10 million pre-orders before it’s even launched.
It will be available in two color options—marble white and pebble blue, along with many new software features and hardware accessories. However, only on the AT&T model will the Galaxy SIII be in the colour option of strawberry red. These new features include Smart Stay (the screen remains on when the user looks at the screen, otherwise it sleeps), Direct Call (which allows the user to call a person whose text message is currently on screen simply by raising the phone to the ear), Pop Up Play (allows a video and other activities to occupy the screen at the same time), S Voice, Buddy Photo Sharing, Allcast Share Dongle, Group Cast (documents collaboration), wireless charging, S Pebble MP3 player, dock/charger, C-Pen, slimline case, and car mount. The phone comes in 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB variants, with microSDXC storage offering up to an additional 64 GB for a potential total of 128 GB. An additional 50 GB of space is offered on the Dropbox service for purchasers of the device for two years, doubling rival HTC’s 25 GB storage for the same duration.
- Android v4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS on-board
- Muscliest, Quad-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, Mali 400 MP GPU, 1 GB RAM
- Larger, 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive multi-touchscreen, native HD resolution
- S-voice with eight languages supports (Apple Siri like functionality), eye tracking
- Dual cameras, 8 MP rear with LED flash and front facing 1.9 MP cam
- LTE 4G capable (region-wise), high-speed 3G connectivity
- Wi-Fi with hotspot and Wi-Fi direct functionality
- Video and images can be shot at the same time
- Full HD 1080p video support
- HD video shoot via front facing camera
- Bigger storage options, 16, 32, 64 GB
- Larger battery, 2100 mAh
- Micro-USB with host port support
- MHL link for Full HD 1080p video mirroring
- Expandable storage up to 64 GB via micro-SD